Answering enquiries is one of the fundamental services that the Library provides. Enquiry points are tailored to the needs of users at each site, so you may find it most helpful to direct your enquiry to your "home" site.
Ask A Librarian
If you need immediate help with anything to do with the Library, its services or resources then why not chat live online with a member of Library staff?
You can also text us on: 023 8000 1539 (messages charged at standard rate for texts to Southampton landline numbers).
* Except on bank holidays and University closure days
Library enquiries details
|Enquiry point||Telephone (external)||(internal)|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||023 8059 2180||22180|
|General enquiries - text/SMS service||023 8000 1539|
|Archives & Special Collectionsemail@example.com||023 8059 2721||22721|
|Avenue Libraryfirstname.lastname@example.org||023 8059 5405
023 8059 5432
|Hartley Libraryemail@example.com||023 8059 2180||22180|
|Health Services Libraryfirstname.lastname@example.org||023 8079 6541||71-6541|
|National Oceanographic Libraryemail@example.com||023 8059 6116||26116|
|Winchester School of Art Libraryfirstname.lastname@example.org||023 8059 6984/6/2||26984/6/2|
Using the chat box
Using the chat box
- Type your question into the lower section of the chat box.
- When you've entered your question, please wait a while for library staff to respond.
- Once someone is handling your question, you should see when they are typing further responses.
- Use the yellow folder icon if you wish to send us a file.
- Use the white envelope icon if you wish to email yourself a copy of the chat transcript (you should be prompted to enter your email address).
- Use the green arrow icon if you would like to launch the chat into its own floating window - useful if you need to view a resource that you're chatting about.
Please bear in mind that all chats are recorded for training purposes.