How to join
For all libraries except National Oceanographic Library:
- Application forms for borrowing are available from each library except Avenue.
- Each application is considered on its merits.
- We will require proof of ID: one personal (e.g. driving licence) and one address (e.g. a utility bill dated within the last six months).
- Apply direct to: The National Oceanographic Library, Southampton Oceanography Centre, Empress Dock, European Way, Southampton, SO14 3ZH.
Who can join the Library?
- All University of Southampton staff & students are able to use the Library as soon as you arrive. No need to register, you can use us from day one.
- University Hospital Staff, NHS Trust and NERC staff are all entitled to join the Library.
- Alumni: graduates of the University of Southampton can apply for an Alumni card.
- As members of the SCONUL Access scheme, staff and students from participating higher education libraries can apply through this scheme to use higher education libraries throughout the UK.
- Members of the public may apply to join as an External Borrower. Applications are approved at the Librarian's discretion.
|Personal ^||£35 + VAT||10|
|Commercial Organisations day ticket NOL||£30 + VAT per day||0|
^ excluding NOL
* long loan & one week loan items
- Telephone; 023 8059 5405
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone 023 8059 3452
- email: email@example.com