This guide will direct you to resources which will help you to develop your IT skills.
Common IT enquires in the Academic Skills Hub
Online learning courses
- You have access to a large library of video tutorials for free via the University’s Learn with Lynda service.
- These high-quality courses will help you develop your skills with core software such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as more specialised applications such as Matlab, R or SPSS.
- There are also courses to help with your personal development and business skills, such as communication skills, presentation skills and assertiveness techniques.
- All the courses are divided in to bite sized chunks so, if you want, you can jump straight to the feature you want to learn without having to watch the whole course.
- Playlists are available to show you which courses are the most popular in your faculty and with other students.
A-Z training resources for key software supported by iSolutions
The portfolio includes user guides and relevant online courses for students, PGRs and staff to support use of software provided by iSolutions such as Word, Excel, SPSS, PowerPoint and Blackboard
- iSolutions have created an online guide aimed at PGRs to show you how to use a range of useful Word features to make creating and working with your thesis easier.
- The guide includes links to a thesis template that meets with the University’s guidance for completing a research degree.
- A support guide is also available for both PC and Mac.
- iSolutions provide support seminars on the use of Word for PGRs and staff writing a thesis and on use of the template via GradBook
iSolutions for general IT problems
- University services including WiFi, printing, access to your University Windows desktop from any device using SVE.
- IT HelpDesk on level 2 of Hartley Library.
- If you are on Highfield Campus you can pop into the Hartley Library where we have a help desk in the main entrance on the right hand side. The help desk is open Monday - Friday from 09:00 - 17:00 when the University is open.
- Further ways to contact iSolutions:
Chat with an expert to solve your EndNote problem.
- Official EndNote Support - Chat with an expert using the online Chat Box provided on the page.
- The website also includes a Knowledge Base created by the production team to help you find answers to any problems you have using EndNote.