Skip to main content

Winchester School of Art Library: General FAQs

About us pages for Winchester School of Art Library.

FAQs: General

  • Can I request the purchase of new material for the library?

The Library is happy to accept any requests you may have for the purchase of material, whether it be books, journals or DVDs. Simply fill in a suggestions slip at the Loans Desk or approach a member of Library Staff with your request and we will be happy to fulfill it where we can.

  • Do you hold any PhD theses?

We hold all PhD theses completed at the school up to 2008 and these are indexed on WebCat. You can do a search via author, title or subject.  The theses are held in storage and can be requested via the Library's Fetch & Carry service. All theses published after 2008 are available on Eprints

  • What do I do if an item is listed on WebCat as being in WSA Store?

Please ask for a yellow form at the Loans Desk and once completed hand to a member of staff. The item will then be collected at the earliest opportunity.

  • How can I stay up-to-date with recent acquisitions?

You can subscribe to our blog which features frequent posts about our recent acquisitions, including new books, journals and DVDs. We also have a Twitter feed which we regularly update.

  • Can I eat and drink in the library?

No food is allowed in the library, and the only drink we allow is bottled water.