Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Terms and Conditions
Using the Library Challenge – Terms and Conditions
- Using the Library Challenge. This competition is limited to University of Southampton students. These terms and conditions relate to the a competition organized by the University of Southampton Library.
- The winner and runners up will be asked to present a valid student ID on notification that they have won a prize in this competition. Failure to present a valid student ID will result in the entry to the competition being forfeited. In this instance, an alternative winner will be selected.
- Employees of the University, their family members, or anyone else connected in any way with the creation/implementation of the competition will not be permitted to enter.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- The competition will commence on 23rd September 2019 and all entries must be received by 11th October 2019.
- The University accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, ineligible, corrupted or fail to be submitted by the relevant closing date for any reason. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid.
- Entrants may submit as many entries as they wish but no entrant may win more than one prize.
- To enter, entrants must post their entries in the boxes provided at each Library site.
- Any entries deemed inappropriate by members of the Library team (including but not limited to, the inclusion of profanity) will be disqualified.
- The winner and runners up will be selected by a member of the Library staff within 1 day of the competition closing. Winners will be contacted privately by email.
- There will be 6 winners from the Using the Library Challenge. Each winning £25 Amazon.co.uk* voucher.
- The winners must respond to the direct message notification by [11th October 2019] to say they accept. If prizes are unclaimed after this time, they will lapse and the University reserves the right to offer any unclaimed prizes to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
- The University’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes are non-transferrable and no cash alternative will be offered for the Using the Library Challenge.
- The entry and arrangements of the event are the responsibility of the University of Southampton Library. The University of Southampton Library reserves the right in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the competition without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1988 the data controller is the University of Southampton and any inquiries may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org The University will not disclose your data to any third parties except with your consent or as required by law. All personal details will only be used for the purposes of conducting the competition and/or for delivery of the Prize.
- By entering this competition each entrant confirms that their submissions are their wholly-owned creations and that, to the extent that such entries make use of any third party materials, these have been fully cleared unless they are no longer protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights.
- By submitting an entry, each entrant grants the University a licence to repost, without amendment, and make it available and distribute the entry throughout the world in any media now known or hereafter invented.
- To obtain details of the winners, please email email@example.com stating the name of the competition in the subject heading within 4 weeks of the closing date.
- You are providing your submission to the University of Southampton Library and not to any other party.
- These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
- By entering the competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
*Restrictions apply, see www.amazon.co.uk/gc-legal