A Letter from our Director of Library & Arts, Anna O'Neill
To our University of Southampton and wider community,
We are working to slow the spread of coronavirus COVID-19 by maximising social distancing while continuing to provide access to the resources and services you need. Our priority is to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of our students and staff so we have taken the difficult decision to close our Library & Arts venues until further notice.
You have full access to our digital library, including:
- Extensive e-resources, including ebooks, ejournals and video tutorials
- Online study resources including online training and writing support
- Help and guidance online via email or talk to us online via Library Chat
- Expert and specialist advisors for detailed enquiries
The University of Southampton coronavirus page has up to date information for our community.
- Any borrowed items, including interlibrary loans, will automatically be renewed until further notice
- Loans will not become overdue
- Laptop loan periods will be extended and no fines will accrue
- User requests to reserve a 'hold' for print items will not be possible, but where possible we will provide access to electronic books
- We will continue to purchase book order requests in electronic format
- We will continue to process interlibrary loan requests. Due to the closure of print suppliers across the world we can only source from electronic resources, and cannot supply printed materials. This may mean that we are unable to supply requested items and delivery times may be extended
- We kindly request that you do not return print items to the library until further notice
We will continue to share details of new and enhanced services via our website and social media channels (Twitter and Facebook) or please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
I would like to thank everyone in the Library & Arts team and our wider community for their time, effort, and planning in proactively addressing the changing needs of our University as we confront the COVID-19 outbreak. And I would like to thank you for your support.
Our physical buildings may be closed but our expert staff, services and resources remain available to you.
With best wishes,