Table of Contents
- Key Textbooks
- New Books
- Top eBooks
- Online Reference Books
- Key Locations
- Hartley Floor Plans
- Theses and Dissertations
- Why use journals?
- How do I know if you have it?
- Understanding an article reference
- Core Journals for Geography and Environment
- Service Alerts
- University of Southampton Library Welcome 2013
- Need Help Finding the Right Material?
- Useful Documents
- Year 1 Introduction to Resources
- Guides to searching
- Useful material
- Visiting other libraries
- Key Reference Books
- General Guidance
- Referencing Guides from the Library
- Useful Referencing links
- Reference Management Software
- Referencing Sources from DelphiS
Welcome to the Subject Guide for Geography and Environment
Geography is a wide-ranging subject, and that is reflected in the range and complexity of information resources that are relevant to you. In this guide the aim is to introduce you to some of the key resources for Geography. There are guides to other subjects available and you may find it useful to look at these when your work takes you into other disciplines, for example, economics, politics or social statistics.
Whether you're a student or a member of staff, you're very welcome to contact the subject librarian for Geography - who can give you expert advice on anything covered in this guide (and much more).
Search Library Resources
These are the key databases we recomment that you use. GeoBase and Web of Science will help you locate important journal articles and papers while Digimap is an essential source of UK maps and map data. You can see a fuller list of databases in our Geography and Environment Database page.