As a result of refurbishment works at SGH this summer, both computer rooms in South Academic Block will be closed for a period of time. These closures are necessary so that the spaces can be ready and open in good time for the new academic year.
- AA07a computer room in the Health Services Library is now closed until September due to the refurbishment works taking place in the Library. The date for re-opening has not been confirmed yet by the Library.
- AA75 computer room will be closed from 6th August and due to re-open on 27th August for scheduled refurbishment works.
Below is a summary of availability of IT resources which will be available to you.
- University computers will still be available in the area in the Health Services Library which is remaining open (7 computers in total).
- AA75 computer room will remain open until 6th August and will re-open on 27th August.
- There is Eduroam wireless available in the Library, in the coffee lounge across from the Health Services Library and also in other locations in South Academic Block such as the space around lecture theatres LT1 and LT2.
- For anyone who requires access to a University computer, then Southampton Virtual Environment (SVE) will be available and will allow you to connect remotely to a University computer from almost anywhere. Details are available from go.soton.ac.uk/sve
- You can check on the availability of computers, including those at Highfield, using the MySouthampton App. The app is available for iOS and Android and also via a web browser.
- Printing will still be available in the Health Services Library.