Welcome to the Library Orientation Programme which is part of your module SOES1003
These activities will help you build and develop the essential skills you need to successfully use the key library resources that will support your studies.
- practice using WebCat the library catalogue
- practice searching DelphiS the library discovery system
- guidance on preparing a search strategy to effectively find the best information for your assignments
- understand how to evaluate the information that you discover
- learn about library databases for Oceanography and Earth Science
- try searching a database (Web of Science) to find information for the essay set by your tutor and email them to your tutor
- discover how you can organise the references that you find
- understand how to use information responsibly through careful use of citations and referencing
Click on the Getting started section to begin.
If you have questions or need advice please contact: Karen Rolfe at email@example.com