Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the Library Orientation Programme
These activities will help you build and develop essential library research skills to support your studies.
At the completion of the 4 sessions you should complete a test in BlackBoard (SOES1013 / SOES1014) to indicate that you have engaged with the Library Orientation Programme course.
Having successfully completed this Library Orientation Programme you will be able to :-
- search for books from a reading list using the library catalogue
- prepare a search strategy to effectively find the best information for an assessed assignment
- list criteria you can use to evaluate the information that you discover
- use a literature database recommended for Oceanography and Earth Science to retrieve appropriate journal articles related to a piece of assessed work for your module (SOES1013/SOES1014/NATS1004)
- describe how to use information responsibly through careful use of citations and referencing with two different referencing styles.
Click on the Getting started section to begin.
If you have questions or need advice please contact: Karen Rolfe at firstname.lastname@example.org