Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the Library Orientation Programme
These activities will help you build and develop the essential skills you need to successfully use the library resources that will support your studies.
By the end of this online course you will have:-
- practiced using the library catalogue WebCat
- prepared a search strategy to effectively find the best information for your assignments
- understand how to evaluate the information that you discover
- learnt about library databases for Oceanography and Earth Science
- practiced searching a database (Web of Science) to find information for the essay set by your tutor and email them to your tutor
- discovered how you can organise the references that you find
- understood how to use information responsibly through careful use of citations and referencing.
- Completed a test in BlackBoard (SOES1013 / SOES1014) to indicate that you have engaged with the Library Orientation Programme course.
Click on the Getting started section to begin.
If you have questions or need advice please contact: Karen Rolfe at firstname.lastname@example.org