University of Southampton students can borrow laptops from all five libraries. Laptops are available from self-service lockers at Hartley Library and the Health Services Library, and from help desks at the National Oceanographic Library, Winchester School of Art Library and Library & Learning Commons.
Borrowing a laptop
- Laptops are available to students for short-term loan for use on campus.
- To borrow a laptop you will need your student ID card.
- The laptop will require you to login with your University ID and password.
- Borrowing a laptop counts as one from your loan quota.
- Chargers if not included, can be issued as a separate loan from a help desk.
- If you have a blocked account you will be unable to borrow a laptop.
- By borrowing a laptop you are agreeing to the user declaration.
- Accessible reach laptops are available at all libraries.
Returning a laptop
- Please return laptops to the issuing library.
- Laptop loans cannot be renewed.
- If returning to a locker, remember to plug the laptop into the cable in the locker to remove from your account.
Laptop top tips
- Remember to save your work regularly either to ‘file store’ or to a personal storage device (USB). Work saved locally will be deleted when the laptop reboots.
- If the laptop is faulty or you would like more support in borrowing or using one, please ask at the Library Help Desk.
- You can check availability of laptops in the self-service lockers here