SciFinder-N's one-time user registration allows you to create your own SciFinder-N username and password (used also for Keep Me Posted! alerts, and other personalizable features). You must set up your own username and password for Scifinder-N from a computer within the University of Southampton's networked IP range.
Go to the user registration form (see the user registration guide [pdf] for additional information).
- Click Next
- Enter your contact information
- Specify a username and password
- Your username must be unique and contain 5-15 characters. It can contain only letters or a combination of letters, numbers, and/or these special characters: - (dash), _ (underscore), . (period), @ (at symbol)
- Your password must contain 7-15 characters and include:
- Mixed upper- and lowercase letters
- Non-alphanumeric characters (e.g., @, #, %, &, *)
- Select a security question from the drop-down list and provide the answer.
- Click Register.
- An Almost Finished message indicates that you will receive an email message from CAS at the address you provided within the form.
- Open the email message from CAS in order to complete the registration process. If you accept the terms and conditions for using SciFinder-N, click the link within the email message to complete the registration process. A confirmation page is displayed.