- To borrow a laptop you will need your student ID card, your digital card won't work.
- At library locations, chargers and bags can be borrowed through the Library Help desks.
- At Avenue campus, each locker will have a laptop and charger.
- If you have a block on your library account you will be unable to borrow a laptop. Please see the help desk for advice.
- Accessible reach laptops are available at both Hartley and the Health Services Library.
Using a laptop off campus.
- Before you take the laptop off campus, follow this step to enable you to use the laptop at home: login with your university username and password whilst connecting to Soton wifi on campus.
- Need advice on how to access the University remotely? IT Help have a page called Away from campus to help you get started.
Can I renew a laptop?
- Your laptop, bag and charger are not renewable - you will need to return these at the end of 7 days.
- If you still need a laptop after 7 days, you will be able to take out a different laptop for a further week.
Returning a laptop
- Please return your laptop to the same location and laptop locker you borrowed it from.
- When returning the laptop to its locker, remember to plug the laptop into the cable in the locker to remove the loan from your account.
- Library locations: return your laptop bag and charger to the help desk.
- Avenue campus, return both the laptop and the charger to the laptop locker
If you would like support with borrowing, returning or just have a question
Have an IT problem with a laptop you've borrowed?
Laptop top tips
- Remember to save your work regularly either to ‘file store’ or to a personal storage device (USB). Work saved locally will be deleted when the laptop reboots.