Before applying, have you ...
- the library catalogues (WebCat) to establish that we don't already have the item that you require
- to see if what you need is freely available online: many books and journals are now available in electronic format. The resources section of the Library website provides guidance on electronic resources.
What is the Inter-library loan / document delivery service?
The inter-library loan / document delivery service sources items that are not available from our own stock and makes them available to you, our readers.
Most requests will be sourced from the British Library and other UK Higher Education libraries. Where necessary, we will source items from across the world on your behalf.
Who can use this service?
- All staff and students of the University of Southampton
- University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust (UHS) staff
- NERC staff
Sorry, this service is not available to other library borrowers such as our 'external' borrowers, e.g. members of the public, SCONUL Access members.
How do I use this service?
All requests need to be submitted using WebCat
Please use the relevant tab at the top of this page to see full information and advice on how to get the most from this service.
- Telephone 023 8059 3454
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org