Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Before applying have you....
- the library catalogue, WebCat, to establish that we have the item you require within our collections?
- to see if what you need is available online: many books and journals are now available in electronic format. The resources section of the Library website provides guidance on electronic resources.
What is the Document supply service?
From Wednesday 8th July we are able to provide the digitisation of book chapter or extract for items located in Hartley LIbrary. Requests can be submitted via the Requests & Document Supply option in WebCat.
The document supply service will:
- copy items within our own collections (within copyright limits)
- scan items to produce high quality searchable pdfs
- supply direct to you via the University SafeSend service
We aim to fulfill requests within two working days.
Copyright limits apply: one article per journal or 10% from a book - whichever is greater.
This service is available to:
- All staff and students of the University of Southampton
- University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust (UHS) staff
The Digital Scholarship Team has the equipment and expertise to produce work of the highest quality.
How do I use this service?
You can request digitised items from the Requests & Document Supply option in WebCat:
- Login in WebCat
- Select Requests & Document Supply from the top navigation
- Select Request something from our collections
- Supply as much information as you have on what you require. Please include the citation and the pages or the chapter/s you would like to receive digitally.