Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Getting a Journal Article
1. Do You Have Access to the Full Text?
If an article isn't freely available, you might still have access if we subscribe. You'll need your NHS OpenAthens account.
- Visit the Journals A-Z list
- Make sure you're logged in with your OpenAthens account
- Search for the journal title (not article title)
If we don't subscribe to the journal, move to Step 2.
2. Request the Document
Our inter-library loans service can obtain the article for you. You'll need to be a registered member of the library.
- Log into our catalogue, WebCat, with your library card number and PIN
- "Requests & Document Supply"
- "Request something not available in our collections"
- "Requests for Journals/Articles (including pages from)"
- Enter details of the article you need
Due to the pandemic, We are currently only providing the article electronically and there is a high likelihood that we will have difficulty sourcing requests in the usual way. There may therefore be either a long delay or the possibility that we are unable to source what is requested.