If you have an OpenAthens account, you can access e-LfH.
e-LfH is currently developing and delivering over 150 e-learning programmes in partnership with the professional bodies such as Royal Colleges and associations, Department of Health policy teams and other arm's length bodies.
1. ‘Building the Foundations’ includes three modules to enable users to assess their current level of skill in literature searching, find out more about the resources available to them and get started planning a search.
2. "Developing the Skills" includes three modules:
3. "Applying the Skills"This final module brings your learning together, providing the opportunity to apply the techniques learnt in the previous modules to search the Healthcare Databases (HDAS).
The aim of this module is to help you:
Use the Healthcare Databases (HDAS) to find relevant articles
By the end of this session you will be able to:
• Login to HDAS with your NHS Athens
• Combine search terms using HDAS
• Search using subject headings (thesaurus terms)
• Refine your search strategy
• Save results and download full text articles
To request full texts articles that are not accessible via OpenAthens, log into Library Search with your Library card number and PIN and click on "Send a Request" on top of the page.
To register with the knowledgeShare, UHS users need to submit the following form:
Access to Trip Pro is via IP address. When logging into Trip Pro on an NHS computer, you should see the message “Your PRO account provided by Health Education England” Username and password access is also possible for off-site access but you need to be connected to an NHS computer to set up this form of access.