Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Open to all University of Southampton corresponding authors in hybrid Wolter Kluwers journals covered by the agreement. Please use your soton.ac.uk email address and affiliation throughout the submission process and your article will be published open access at no cost to the authors. This agreement is available to current University staff and students; visitors are not eligible.
- Included article types: peer-reviewed research articles, including reviews and conference papers
- Applies to articles accepted for publication between 01/01/2022 and 31/12/2024
- If you are offered a choice of licence, please select the CC BY licence rather than CC BY-NC or CC BY-ND.
The deal does not include fully open access titles. If your article acknowledges UKRI or Wellcome Trust funding and you would like to publish in a fully open access journal, please complete our APC application form prior to submitting your article to ensure we can cover the cost.
Wolters Kluwer/Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins submissions process
- Select 'yes' to the open access question (wording varies between journals but will be similar to "I would like to publish my paper open access"). The submission acknowledgement email will confirm that your article may be eligible for open access free of change because University of Southampton has an agreement with Wolters Kluwer.
- The email you receive on acceptance will state "Please submit your Open Access article publication charge". Please click on the link to "Pay charges now/raise an invoice"
- On the Funding Options screen, select "Seek funding from University of Southampton"
- Select the "ULA - CC BY" licence option
- You will also have to select ULA in the "License to Publish" form from the journal in the Mandated Funding Policy Disclosure section (ULA is the term Wolters Kluwer are using, we are asking them to change it to something authors will understand)
- Your Order Confirmation screen should have the message "Thank you for submitting your funding request! Your request is now under review by your institution" and the total due will be USD 0.00. If you see anything different, please contact us at email@example.com
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org